My Blog List

Friday, August 31, 2018

Hope He Is Okay After That Life story

Back in the year of 2016 I had my own apartment in Brook Berry Park Apartments in Winston-Salem North Carolina. During that time I was currently hosting a couple of Chinese Exchange Students who came here for college. Well they had to get through our high school system first. It was unfortunate they had to come through an agency named ISES International Students Educational Services. That name sounded more like a terrorist group yes, but it is not remotely close to it. On a certain month in the year I was taking the boys back home after school. That was my duty and my job aside from the Substitute Teaching that I did alongside volunteer work at the Second Harvest Food Bank.

On Country Club Road I was in heavy, heavy traffic. It was of course, 4:00 p.m. and all the schools were letting out along with certain jobs. We had to stop and wait for the light to turn green. That was not the most fun thing to do unless you have music, singing, or an awesome conversation with those people. I mean the type of music people like to listen to not the campy, lame stuff. While we stopped in traffic a cyclist came riding up behind me. I thought nothing of it other than why are you riding your bike on this road in this traffic? There were certain other word choices going through my mind of course. Wouldn't know the blind, stupid son of a gun slams right into the back of my car. The impact and sound scared the crud out of me. I but on the parking break an went to check on him.

I found him on the grass with his bike next to him. He must have moved after that or something. I literally asked the dude. "Are you okay dude?" I was scared he had broken his bones or had lost his tooth. But nooo, he was on the grass and looked at me and said "Whoah." He got up like it was almost nothing. He said he was not hurting any way. I said "Bull##t" in my own head. The guy introduced himself and I apologized to him just to be a kind heart person. I looked at the back windshield and he left this face print on it. It was in the shape of his face and cheek. He told me to head on the road and that he would be found. It is now 2018 and I have seen plenty of cyclists on the road. None of them are him unless I have missed something or he hasn't been out the same time I have. Despite him hitting my car and not putting on his breaks, which all bikes do come with I wonder to myself "Hope he is okay After that". That is the end of my story. I hope none of the cyclists will have beef with me after that come 2019. 

No comments:

Post a Comment