My Blog List

Monday, May 7, 2018

Getting in Trouble Life

I might as well share this bit of history about this school I went to. Well at least from what recollect from my memory. You know how we all got into trouble with some form of authority whether it our parents, teachers, mentors, principals, coaches, tutors, and sometimes our bosses. Heck even with our older siblings who are in charge we will get into BIG trouble. I was almost always sent to the principals office at least once or twice a month. It was the Christian School that I got into real big trouble with for some number of reasons. There was one time that was a good reason for my little butt to be sent to the principal's office.

Here it goes, in the first grade I sort of an unchristian, or quirky kid. I don't even know what they labelled me as at that school. It was at the end of the lesson our teacher gave, and we got all excited about the lesson ending sooner. I got on the table and put my hand over my crotch and did a thrust at least once in celebration. At seven years old I learned not to do that early in life. It is definitely a good reason to send me to the principal for that. There are other reason I got sent to the principal's office. One reason is that I just could not concentrate enough for them. You would think I was an idiot kid. No, I had too much energy, and my attention span was not as grand as the other kids.

There are other reasons I got in trouble such as not doing homework yeah that is one reason. Another would be not doing what I am supposed to be doing in class, which is another reason for me to be in trouble. At the time I was just six, seven, and eight years old. Or was the early years of my days at school? Even though I went to church, and Sunday School this school required we learn the Bible stories. At this school we all had to sit in the the pews in the church and read from the Bibles in the pews. If I remember correctly, I believe there was one time I was supposed to read from a certain text in one of the Testaments. I did not do that, why, because I did not pay attention to what they wanted me to do. Nor did I seem to get what they wanted from me. I believe that is one reason I was sent to the principal's office. As the years progressed, I got better about those things.

I understand you had to learn the bible verses in Sunday School. However, I did not get the notion of grades in the bible? I think I was okay in other areas of school to some degree. It is strange to me, but helped me get through the principal thing was that a lady named Mrs. Rash loved me like a son. She would always wave and say hello to me. It always cheered me up. If I am not mistaken I believe it was her who always saved my skin. At the after school care I would often get into trouble with them as well. There was this one time while getting our snacks out. According to these Baptist people we were supposed to pray for our food. I did get the idea of praying before a meal, but I did not get the idea of having to pray in order to eat your food. So this one freaking time I just got out the snack and ate it. Man oh man did I get into trouble with the people there. (A few them sat on the steps and smoked as a friend of mine recalled). To be honest I don't think I was allowed outside after that one.

Another time that I got into trouble was well there are some things that I did that were not the best behavior. I didn't know any better, until someone got me to stop. Truth be told I erased those deeds from my mind until now. These acts included spanking other kids on the butt, which was funny at first until I did not stop. A caretaker got on me and I quit. (Really not proud of that so I'll be brief.) In my defense I just did not know any better until that very moment. As punishment I was told not to go outside. Another punishment was for me to stand on a line they had drawn on parts of the large room they had for us kids. Every time I got into trouble with them resulted in being placed on the line and told not to move unless I was told to do so.


No comments:

Post a Comment