My Blog List

Saturday, May 19, 2018

Dearest Uncle

Dear Uncle Egus Bardsman

I must apologize for last month's unfortunate exploitative event at your manor. My old lover and former sweetheart Adeline Kitchingham have not seen me, and no one of our circle has, since I enlisted. Four long years in the unknown lands, I went missing in action. I will say this even though I have said it before, during my days in the expeditionary forces I felt lost and a little scared the whole time. My fellow soldiers and I faced the jungle and swamps as well as the Gantronese invaders. No soul has ever witnessed or experienced the horrors of the Unknown Lands.

Relief showed up after four years of surviving. You must thank Maurice Viyamor. There is not a single man or woman in all of free Vestrisia as good as him. Unless you count that Chiecra Gwynor I keep hearing about, or Zhenrai Knights. I am rather curious about who that Chiecra is.

Anyways uncle I am more than grateful for the home coming party. Seeing everyone again after being gone for so many years. I do hope the Raulinsons get their son out of that addiction. Give Countess Nina Blackthorne my congratulations on her second child. Godin has changed drastically. Most of the stores and shops have undergone transformations, new renovations, switched hands or had been torn down.

Godin was a wonderful city in its unique way. Visiting the nest brings back memories. My new home in Bayside Row Apartments of Eastern Edgeharbor, Ezonel has treated me fairly. The V.U.V.R. via V.A.V.R. has paid me well for the six years of service, 86,400 Eagles in all. While I was at the bank, I met a sweet Estati named Iocene Mirthgaze. She works as a teacher or Instructor at a boarding school and as a civics tutor.

Working as a Graveyard Keeper or Cemetery Caretaker did bring in reasonable income. However, I was drafted into Iocene's Boarding school's staff each week for lecturing students on anthropology of the tribes in the Unknown Lands. Someone suggested that I should become a Trainer. "A trainer in what?" I asked the person. The person was a coach of some fighting sport. I turned the suggestion down. Having been in the scariest and most dangerous place made me want to leave the soldiering life. Yet it has not killed the sense of adventure inside me. Please write back to me uncle.

Your loving nephew

Miles Giffordson

No comments:

Post a Comment