My Blog List

Saturday, December 8, 2018

Soccer meets Head Life story

Back when I was in Elementary School we would always play soccer on the playground. That was always during recess. At the time I was not the best at soccer nor was I the worst. Teams were chose depending on classroom or grades. Some days it was one classroom against the other. Other days we divided the classroom into separate teams. Everyone had their part in the game or were given their part each game. There were days we had to pick up where we left off in the game. However we never played when it was muddy or raining. Like any kid we would argue over scores. Now I was not always the smartest when it came to grades except for some subjects. Fourth Graders vs Fifth Graders you might as well call it Hey Arnold or Recess. There was always the same people playing soccer. I have had my victories along with everyone else who played.

During one game I stood there waiting for this other kid to kick the ball and either kick it someone else or kick it back. When he kicked I watched it come towards me expecting it to come down before coming to me. That is when it hit me in the head. I did not know how hard he kicked, but it was hard enough to knock me unconscious. My body landed flat on the ground. I would never blame you if you laughed out loud. Why should I be mad. When I look back I think I should have moved or that was too funny. Everything went black for how long I do not know. All I can tell you is that I saw nothing but pitch blackness until I opened my eyes. A circle of other kids surrounded me. What did you expect and ambulance or for them to carry to the nurse? Nope, all they did was gawp at me. Should I blame them, not necessarily. My eyes blinked a few times before I got up. Everything felt dizzy, but my memories were still intact. Having memories intact spelled good will for anyone after something like that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment