My Blog List

Sunday, October 22, 2017

Followed



In the year of 1789 the French Revolution broke out witnessing the storming of the Bastille, the Tennis Court Oath, and the dreaded march on Versailles. King Louis XVI's regime as many of my fellow Frenchmen call it is hardly in power over France. We now have the National Assembly, which was created in 1789 to form a new constitution for France. Now we are in the year 1790 still working on the constitution while stripping powers away from the Monarchy. My name is Arnaud Bordeaux of the hopeless Feuillants who was party of this National Assembly that apparently replaced the Estates General. The mobs of citizens are still angry even to this day. While we work to dissolve the monarchy's full power the people are still angry. Some decisions did not go well with their views of wanting the Monarchy to go. I grabbed my coat, snatched up two loaded pistols, and made my way out of my own home.

The walk to the National Assembly was not too far away, however the riots continued to get violent yet they still seem to calm down. I was not taking any chances so I slipped out of the house through a back door where I could slip through the alley ways unnoticed while the mobs rioted. On my way to the National Assembly I had a strange feeling that I was being followed. I turned around to see if anyone was following me. There was no one to be seen except a few cats wandering around. One gray cat looked at me with more curiosity than I thought cats would have. Ignoring this cat I dismissed the idea of someone following me. Feeling as though I was late I attempted to cut the corner, which was blocked. Forced to take the usual route I began to jog my way there. As I quickened my pace I heard footsteps behind me. Turning around again to see who it was I pulled out a pistol. No one was there not even a cat, or rioter going mad. I swear I can still hear the shouting, shooting, and the clashes from the last one. Realizing that this must be in my head I continued on to the National Assembly.

Before I can to the street it was on a strange sound that should have come from a nightmare cried out. Some how I knew it was directed at me. Turning around I saw a figure who looked to be in horrid condition. This figure had tattered clothes, a limp, hunched shoulder, sloppy posture, and only one shoe. Whatever he was he limped slowly towards me as if hurt, but oblivious. At a closer glance I noticed his skin was not normal, but rotting, greenish, grayish, and dead. His eyes looked lifeless and no signs of awareness.

Knowing my own generosity I asked him if he was okay and that he need to go see a Doctor. This man only groaned and made that awful noise I heard earlier. He did not seem to listen so approached him to help him. He seemed clueless and stopped we looked at each other in the face. That's when I realized there was something wrong sure there were cases of people in this condition. All they had to do was see a doctor. In my head I went with the decision to leave this poor wretch to die and went my way to the Assembly. As I progressed forward on the street I heard footsteps again. Turning around I saw it was the same man. I warned the man to leave me alone and went on towards the Assembly. The same noises came back and this wretch was still on my trail. That is when I confronted him with frustration and urgency to be where I needed to be at the moment. I shouted at him to stop, but he continued to approach me. This man or creature grabbed at me gnashing and showing disgusting teeth. It tried to bite me. Panicking I pulled out both pistols and discharged them. Nothing happened except the bullets made impact leaving only holes in his body and clothing.

Seeing that this thing did not fall dead from the bullets I tried to fight it off using the pistols as clubs to no avail. It grabbed me when I tried to pull away. That is when more of these wretches came out of the alleys, and spaces in the streets. I struggled to get free and even shouted for help. As I screamed this thing bite me and began to chew on my arm. The pain I felt was excruciating to the point where I could faint from it. Powerless to stop this thing I still tried beating it off me. Cornered like a rat I was soon ganged up on by the wretches with the same skin color as my assailant. My mind raced with horrifying ideas that these were starving citizens and that some plague broke out all over the city. These things whom I viewed as wretched countrymen tore, clawed, and ate away at my flesh. I was now eaten alive by whatever these things were who used to be citizens of the French Nation.



No comments:

Post a Comment